Job Title Location
Clinic Assistant 6750 N Dunkirk St, Aurora, CO 80019
- HIGH POINT ACADEMYPosition: Clinic Assistant
Reach. Empower. Achieve.
High Point Academy is seeking educators inspired to reach, empower, and achieve greatness.
We REACH each child every single day.
We EMPOWER students and staff to maximize their learning and growth;
To ACHIEVE more than thought possible.
At High Point Academy, we understand that powerful learning only happens with strong relationships between students, staff, and families. Our mission is to provide a strong foundation of academic excellence in partnership with family and community in which each individual is challenged to achieve his/her highest potential academically, socially, and personally.
High Point Academy is a charter school serving students preschool through 8th grade. Located in Aurora, CO, just north of Green Valley Ranch (10 minutes from Denver International Airport), HPA serves an ethnically diverse student population which includes 26% linguistically diverse students and 54% of students that qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch. HPA is an award-winning wellness school whose curriculum and classes promote healthy lifestyle choices.
All employees of High Point Academy work together to achieve HPA’s mission. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below, we seek teachers who are collaborative with colleagues, empathetic in their relationships with students and families, and willing to work above and beyond their job description in order to ensure success for students. HPA teachers possess a school-wide focus and are able to see beyond their classroom in order to create a unified HPA community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Student Medical Files
- Maintains and updates student medical files as needed
- Labels all medication with appropriate name
- Delivers daily medication
- Delivers insulin via syringe as students require
- Labels documentation with student name, medication, times medication is needed and signature when medication is given
- Maintains immunization information within state database
- Communicates with parents when students come down to clinic who are ill/injured
- Communicates with parents when students are running low or are out of medication
- Communicates frequently with parents of students with diabetes or other chronic conditions
- Maintains student confidentially between parents and staff
- Coordinates vision/hearing screenings
- Maintains clinic cleanliness
- Updates and organizes clinic binder with important paper for medication administration
- Attends initial medication administration training and attends refreshers courses every year
- Orders supplies for clinic necessities
- A minimum of 1 year experience in education or clinic setting
- Experience working with Excel/Microsoft Word
- First Aid/CPR
- Strong communication, organization, and follow-through skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively with school staff, institute personnel, and vendors
- Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Sitting / Standing (Frequent)
- Walking (Frequent)
- Bending at the waist (Frequent)
- Carpool Duty, outside in high or low temperatures (Rarely)