Job Title Location
Director of Curriculum and Instruction 6750 N Dunkirk St, Aurora, CO 80019
HIGH POINT ACADEMY
Position: Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Reach. Empower. Achieve.
High Point Academy is seeking educators inspired to reach, empower, and achieve greatness.
We REACH each child every single day.
We EMPOWER students and staff to maximize their learning and growth;
To ACHIEVE more than thought possible.
At High Point Academy, we understand that powerful learning only happens with strong relationships between students, staff, and families. Our mission is to provide a strong foundation of academic excellence in partnership with family and community in which each individual is challenged to achieve his/her highest potential academically, socially, and personally.
High Point Academy is a charter school serving students preschool through 8th grade. Located in Aurora, CO, just north of Green Valley Ranch (10 minutes from Denver International Airport), HPA serves an ethnically diverse student population which includes 26% linguistically diverse students and 54% of students that qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch. HPA is an award-winning wellness school whose curriculum and classes promote healthy lifestyle choices.
The Director of Curriculum & Instruction (DCI) is responsible for providing instructional support to teachers in the areas of lesson design and execution, classroom management, and curriculum development. The DCI works closely with the school leaders to identify assets and areas of growth that support the school goals. The DCI supports both individual teachers and staff to create targeted professional development. Additional duties of the DCI include running new teacher training programs, High Point Academy’s Induction Program, and assisting in the hiring and training of new teachers.
- Support teachers with planning, teaching, and assessing to ensure maximum growth and achievement for each child.
- Models best practices, from classroom management and differentiation, to engagement and data-driven planning.
- Provide a library of new ideas and research based practices.
- Support growth mindset and continuous improvement.
- Complete coaching cycles with individual teachers that include reflection and action steps.
- Support teachers in meeting their professional goals.
- Collaborate with school leaders to create and execute high quality and engaging professional development initiatives and workshops.
- Work with school leaders to identify school needs and develop strategic plans to reach school goals.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team and Team Leads to support their work and build leadership capacity.
- Support the maintenance and delivery of HPA’s annual new teacher training program and induction program.
- Oversee school curriculum budget and responsible for purchasing curriculum.
- Work with school leaders and support staff in HPA’s teacher hiring process.
- Works with teachers to ensure adherence and alignment between what they are teaching and state standards.
- Works with grade level teams to ensure scope and sequence of state standards K-8 in all content areas.
- Supports teachers to effectively differentiate and modify curriculum to ensure high standards and high expectations for all students.
- Oversees curriculum to ensure alignment to state standards and HPA school-wide goals.
- Trains and supports staff in implementing curriculum.
- Analyzes summative assessment data to determine areas of strength and areas of growth at each grade level and content area.
- Uses assessment data to support teachers in developing curriculum and lessons that are reflective of data.
- Minimum BA or BS, preferred MA in education or school leadership
- 5 years classroom teaching experience
- 2 or more years in a leadership position
- ELL endorsement or related experience
- Excellent communication skills – writing, listening and speaking
- Self-directed and proactive in coming to solutions to support school goals
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Enthusiasm for working with and building rapport with all teachers and staff.
- Strong background in observing classrooms for a variety of instructional purposes and providing feedback that supports growth and continuous improvement
- Experience in curriculum development, data-driven planning and instruction
- Strong background working with students who qualify for FRL as well as significant experience working with linguistically diverse students
- A track record of developing and presenting professional development initiatives