Job Title Location
IT Manager 6750 N Dunkirk St, Aurora, CO 80019
HIGH POINT ACADEMY
Position: IT Manager
Reach. Empower. Achieve.
High Point Academy is seeking educators inspired to reach, empower, and achieve greatness.
We REACH each child every single day.
We EMPOWER students and staff to maximize their learning and growth;
To ACHIEVE more than thought possible.
At High Point Academy, we understand that powerful learning only happens with strong relationships between students, staff, and families. Our mission is to provide a strong foundation of academic excellence in partnership with family and community in which each individual is challenged to achieve his/her highest potential academically, socially, and personally.
High Point Academy is a public charter school serving students preschool through 8th grade. Located in Aurora, CO, just north of Green Valley Ranch (10 minutes from Denver International Airport), HPA serves an ethnically diverse student population which includes 26% linguistically diverse students and 54% of students that qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch. HPA is an award-winning wellness school whose curriculum and classes promote healthy lifestyle choices.
This individual provides training and support to the staff on technology integration, and administrative applications. The employee assists with identifying, acquiring, and maintaining hardware, software, and network products. This individual also assists in the implementation of the system and building-level technology plans.
- Coordinates and assists in the acquisition, installation, and implementation of information processing systems, analyzes equipment, and recommends modifications.
- Assists in the technical planning and coordinates installation of capital outlay purchases of instructional technology.
- Provides analysis of information processing needs for utilization by potential and/or current users.
- Installs, tests, maintains, and troubleshoots servers, PCs, printers and software for LANs. Ensures connectivity of LANs (Local Area Networks) to WANs (Wide Area Networks).
- Analyzes and corrects malfunctions in stand-alone and networked computers and peripheral devices.
- Assists user departments in analyzing office procedures and evaluating potential methods of information processing capabilities.
- Assists operators of information processing systems in solving problems with procedures, applications, or equipment.
- Coordinates training programs for non-technical user personnel in the proper use of information processing equipment, software applications, and procedures; may develop and construct training classes, as needed.
- Provides management reports and statistics as required.
- Implements best practices related to technology use in the school program based on research, pilot programs, and state/national standards
- Works with the principal and school leadership team to provide access to technology resources and services of the technology facilitator at point of need
- Works with teachers and technology staff in the selection of resources that are compatible with the school technology infrastructure
- Assists with planning the design of the technology infrastructure so that information resources are continually available to the school community
- Promotes family, business, and community partnerships that support the academic success, career readiness, and general well-being of all children
- Adheres to and communicates copyright as well as other laws and guidelines pertaining to the distribution and ethical use of all resources
- Serves as the school contact for addressing hardware and software issues
- Collaborates with teachers, media and technology staff, and students to evaluate and select resources addressing curricular needs and learning goals
- Plays a leading role in the school’s budgetary process to ensure funding for the instructional technology program to support school-wide goals
- Provides effective leadership in developing, implementing, and evaluating plans for a comprehensive, system wide school library media program
- Coordinates the planning and design of new, renovated, and existing school library media facilities and school wide infrastructure.
- Assists in the development of in-service staff development for school library media staff and other school system personnel especially in the area of print and electronic resources and services
- Communicates the system’s vision, goals, and priorities especially regarding school library media programs to the public
- Coordinates system-level programs and resources
Experience and Knowledge:
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to represent the school in a professional and courteous manner to parents, students, and visitors.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively in a dynamic, interrupt-driven environment.
- Demonstrates computer literacy in all areas.
- Demonstrates skill in organizing multiple tasks and projects.
- Good communication skills and initiative.
- Ability and willingness to be part of an active team.
- High School diploma.