Job Title Location
Kindergarten Para Professional / Instructional Assistant 6750 N Dunkirk St, Aurora, CO 80019
HIGH POINT ACADEMY
Reach. Empower. Achieve.
High Point Academy is seeking educators inspired to reach, empower, and achieve greatness.
We REACH each child every single day.
We EMPOWER students and staff to maximize their learning and growth;
To ACHIEVE more than thought possible.
At High Point Academy, we understand that powerful learning only happens with strong relationships between students, staff, and families. Our mission is to provide a strong foundation of academic excellence in partnership with family and community in which each individual is challenged to achieve his/her highest potential academically, socially, and personally.
High Point Academy is a public charter school serving students preschool through 8th grade. Located in Aurora, CO, just north of Green Valley Ranch (10 minutes from Denver International Airport), HPA serves an ethnically diverse student population which includes 26% linguistically diverse students and 54% of students that qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch. HPA is an award-winning wellness school whose curriculum and classes promote healthy lifestyle choices.
All employees of High Point Academy work together to achieve HPA’s mission. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below, we seek Paraprofessionals/Instructional Assistants who are collaborative with colleagues, empathetic in their relationships with students and families, and willing to work above and beyond their job description in order to ensure success for students. The Paraprofessional/Instructional Assistant (IA) is responsible for the supporting the needs of the students in the school and for working with students, parents, other teachers and staff toward achieving the goals set forth in the High Point Academy Mission Statement.
* Working with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
* Model and foster independent thinking skills, creative problem solving and abstract reasoning;
* Show empathy and understanding of students and holds students accountable
* Communicate consistently and effectively with students, parents and colleagues
* Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods, play periods, and on field trips.
* Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
* Develops a cooperative partnership based on mutual respect with colleagues and students;
* Communicate and collaborate with teachers on needs of the classroom
* Facilitate resolution of problems that might arise with students;
* Knowledge of and adherence to approved communication pathways
* Complete other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree Early Childhood Education
High School Diploma
Works Keys Certification
- Aptitude for the work to be performed
• Interest in children and education
• Expert-level written and oral communication skills
• Commitment to HPA approved curriculum
• Entrepreneurial outlook and charter school commitment
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Strong self-starter; able to work with limited direction
• Ability to apply superb judgment