Job Title Location
Preschool Lead Teacher 6750 N Dunkirk St, Aurora, CO 80019
HIGH POINT ACADEMY
Lead Preschool Teacher
Reach. Empower. Achieve.
High Point Academy is seeking educators inspired to reach, empower, and achieve greatness.
We REACH each child every single day.
We EMPOWER students and staff to maximize their learning and growth;
To ACHIEVE more than thought possible.
At High Point Academy, we understand that powerful learning only happens with strong relationships between students, staff, and families. Our mission is to provide a strong foundation of academic excellence in partnership with family and community in which each individual is challenged to achieve his/her highest potential academically, socially, and personally.
High Point Academy is a charter school serving students preschool through 8th grade. Located in Aurora, CO, just north of Green Valley Ranch (10 minutes from Denver International Airport), HPA serves an ethnically diverse student population which includes 26% linguistically diverse students and 54% of students that qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch. HPA is an award-winning wellness school whose curriculum and classes promote healthy lifestyle choices.
All employees of High Point Academy work together to achieve HPA’s mission. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below, we seek teachers who are collaborative with colleagues, empathetic in their relationships with students and families, and willing to work above and beyond their job description in order to ensure success for students. HPA teachers possess a school-wide focus and are able to see beyond their classroom in order to create a unified HPA community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts an organized and professional classroom
- Develops and implements curriculum and assessment according to curriculum guidelines of High Point Academy, and Creative Curriculum including Incredible Years and Teaching Strategies Gold.
- Implements curriculum within the timeframe given by High Point Academy.
- Further develops curriculum and maintains ongoing curriculum evaluation and development to meet the needs of students
- Collaborates with other faculty in delivery of appropriate instructional approaches, working to serve the various learning styles and needs of all students
- Fosters development of pre-social skills and pre-literate skills in children.
- Models and fosters independent thinking skills, creative problem solving and abstract reasoning
- Shows empathy and understanding of students
- Develops, with parents and students, a cooperative partnership based on mutual respect and objectivity.
- Assesses student performance frequently and objectively
- Facilitates resolution of problems that might arise with students and parents
- Promotes accountability for students
- Communicates consistently and effectively with students and parents
- Serves in Advisory role in a manner consistent with High Point Academy’s policies and procedures
- Complete 15 hours of professional development per year
- Follows policies established by the High Point Academy governing board and administration
- Follows state rules and regulations
- Ensure that the classroom and all equipment is clean, well-maintained, and safe
- Follows classroom ECERS
- Participates in and contributes to programs and activities that enhance High Point Academy outside of instructional hours, such as extracurricular activities, leadership positions, and/or the enrollment process
- Other duties as assigned
- ECE 101 and ECE 103
- Entrepreneurial outlook and charter school commitment
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong self-starter; able to work with limited direction
- Previous successful teaching experience
- Experience with Teaching Strategies Gold
- Experience in and knowledge of charter schools
- Experience working with urban populations