Guidelines for Approved Clothing Items
Note: All students at High Point Academy, with the exception of preschool, are required to wear uniforms
- All articles of clothing should be neat, clean, correct size, and in good condition.
- Short sleeve is defined as having at least two (2) inches of material beyond the shoulder seam line.
- Long sleeved shirts that are worn under a uniform polo shirt must be solid in color and be one of the four uniform shirt colors (white, navy, hunter green, burgundy).
- Shorts / Skorts / Dresses are to be no shorter than four (4) inches above the knee.
- Regular gym/athletic shoes are required, as well as socks that match the uniform. Other appropriate dress shoes are allowed on days that students do not have physical education.
- Parents are expected to monitor student dress to ensure compliance with the required uniform.
- Students not meeting the expectations of the school dress code will be required to call home and have a change of clothes brought to them.
Unacceptable Items Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Wheelie shoes / open toe shoes / slippers / slides / flip flops
- Oversized / baggy / tight-fitting / revealing / low-riding / suggestive clothing
- Tank Tops
Dress Down Day Specific Guidelines
- All of the above-mentioned unacceptable items apply to Dress Down Days
- Heavy winter coats and jackets may be any style or color
- They MUST be taken off in the classroom though