One of the most important lessons for any student to learn is how to respect authority, respect the rights of others, and take care of their own and other’s property.
- Additionally, students should learn not to disrupt the education of other students.
- Although it is necessary to have school and classroom rules, our emphasis is not on do’s and don’ts, rather we focus on all members of our community taking accountability and repairing the harm that unwanted behavior causes.
- In order to accomplish this, we set discipline standards that are enforced fairly and consistently (recognizing age, experience, and other factors that not all students are the same and need individualized attention).
We value our teachers working closely with the parents in all areas of behavior and discipline and that all communications are open and honest.
At High Point Academy, a successful student is respectful and responsible!
- We believe that the previous statement is simple for students to remember and students’ behaviors should align with this statement.
- Importantly, we have aligned our discipline policy with the Love and Logic and Restorative Practices philosophy which focuses on these principles.