High Point Academy believes in a family-centered learning environment. We encourage parents to be as involved in our school as they can, and we ask each family to meet our minimum requirement for volunteer hours:
- Two-parent family: 20 hours per year
- Single-parent family: 10 hours per year
If you have any questions about volunteering at HPA, don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.
Earning volunteer hours is easy…
- Attending Parent Teacher Conferences
- Attending Back to School Night
- Attending a school event
- Carpooling with another family
Ways to Volunteer
- Help in the classroom
- Chaperone a field trip
- Help with a class party
- Help to prepare student materials
- Attend a PTO meeting or a school event (i.e. Back to School Night, Conferences, class plays or performances, etc.)
- Help in the office
- Help at carpool before and after school
- Help at a sports event
- Work in the school garden
- Serve on a committee (accountability, wellness, anti-bullying)
- Organize a fundraiser
- Hours can also be purchased at $10 per hour.
- You can also request work to be sent home with your child if you are unable to get to the school to volunteer.
- NEEDED! Garden Volunteers This is the perfect opportunity to be a part of the Garden to Cafeteria program. Under the leadership of our garden coordinator, students grow fresh fruits and vegetables in our garden and supply some of the harvest to the school cafeteria to be used at lunch service. The only requirement is a love and passion for gardening and children. Additional support is provided by Denver Urban Gardens through their School Garden and Nutrition Education program. Be a part of this volunteer opportunity by contacting Emily DelRoss.
Ask your child’s teacher about volunteer opportunities in the classroom; look for other opportunities in the school-wide newsletter, on the marquee, and in High Point Academy e-mails.
**Volunteers that directly interact with students must attend a volunteer training session and submit to a background check. Volunteer training takes place monthly.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a training or call the school at 303-217-5152.
Keep in mind…
- Please do not bring small children with you when you volunteer. They can be a distraction for you and others.
- You may earn volunteer hours by babysitting children for other parents while they volunteer at the school.
- Dress appropriately for a school setting.
- You may purchase up to half of your required volunteer time at the rate of $10 an hour. Visit the office to inquire about this option.