Handbook and Policies
At High Point Academy, educational equity and student potential are defined by our service to community, commitment to whole-person wellness, and pursuit of academic excellence that inspire us all to build a better world. We believe in authentic, meaningful learning experiences that allow scholars to see themselves as the leaders, problem solvers and critical thinkers needed to lead a thriving community.
At High Point Academy, we work in partnership with diverse families and the community to engage scholars in holistic, equitable, interdisciplinary and dynamic learning providing an environment where scholars are able to achieve more than they thought possible for themselves. We foster a culture of respect, collaboration, community, and curiosity to prepare our scholars to be life-long learners and responsible humans.
High Point Students Are Respectful and Responsible
High Point Academy believes in using common sense (not zero tolerance) when handling student behavior issues. When student issues arise, teachers and administrators will consider individual circumstances in determining how to best handle discipline.
High Point Agreements
- Students come to school dressed in an HPA approved school uniform.
- Students turn in all electronics to homeroom teacher at the beginning of the day.
- Students are on time to school and to all of their scheduled classes.
- Students refrain from physical or verbal aggression.
- Students adhere to the wellness policy.
High Point Husky Public Agreements
To create a positive and productive school culture where all students and staff want to be. Respect – “We will always…”
- Communicate effectively and appropriately
- Be open to individual differences
- Encourage, support, and listen to each other
- Remember to use our manners
- Take responsibility for our actions
Disrespect – “We do not tolerate…”
- Purposely causing problems
- Negative attitudes
- Giving up and blaming others
- Using damaging words
- Thinking only of ourselves